3. Receipt and Collection of Information. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
3.1. Third Party Accounts. In order to access and use certain App services, you may choose to sync with or link to a third party account that you have with Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, or other third party websites that we designate on the App (each a “Third Party Account“). If you choose to do so then a pop-up box will appear which you will need to approve in order to proceed, and which will describe the types of information that we will obtain from, and the types of activities that we or you may perform in connection with, your Third Party Account. Please note that in order to sync with or link to your Third Party Account, you may need to actually be signed-in to your Third Party Account.
3.2. B’day List. The App enables you to create a list of your friends’ birthday dates (“B’day List“) by: (i) syncing with a Third Party Account; and/or (ii) syncing with the contacts that are stored on your device or creating a new friend. If you choose to create your B’day List by syncing with a Third Party Account, we may collect certain information that you authorize us to collect from that Third Party Account.
3.3. Birthday Wish Service. The App enables you to send birthday greetings to your friends by: (i) using the App to send or post a message to a designated third party website account that your friend may have (for example, by sending a message to your friend’s Facebook wall or by Tweeting your friend); (ii) using the App to send an email to your friend’s external email account; and/or (iii) using the App to send an SMS to your friend. If you send or post a birthday message to a designated third party website account that your friend may have, we may collect Personal Information such as your, and the recipient’s, third party website account user name and id and other specified information.
3.4. Share with Friends Service. The App and Site enable you to participate in our Share with Friends Service and send your friends an invitation email or message inviting them to use App. You may do so by: (i) using the App to send or post an invitation message to a designated third party website account that your friend may have; and/or (ii) using the App or Site to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address If you send or post an invitation message to a designated third party website account that your friend may have, we may collect Personal Information such as your, and the recipient’s, third party website account user name and id and other specified information.
3.5. Feedback. If you send us feedback we will receive and store a copy of your email address, as well as any other Personal Information you disclose.
3.7. App Log-Files and Other Tracking Technologies. We may collect limited information from your device in order to provide the App and its related services. Such information may include your device type, device id, and date and time stamps of App use. In addition, we may deploy log-files and tracking technologies within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes.
3.8. Site Cookies, Log-Files and Tracking Technologies. Our Site may utilize “cookies”, log-files, and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site activity. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Site user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to block cookies or to notify you if you receive a cookie.
4. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Service, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
4.1. To provide the Service to you, to improve the Service, to contact you in response to a feedback request or in connection with certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the App.
4.2. We may send you in-App notifications regarding the App, our services and third party advertisements.
4.6. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce any applicable terms of service, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Happy B’day!, our users, yourself or the public.
5. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below), or disclose it to third party service providers, to provide and improve the Service. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeting advertisements. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about use of the Service.
6. Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other App-related notifications from us by changing the notification settings on your device. If you choose not to receive notifications, you may still use the App but you may not receive, or may be unable to use, certain services that involve our interaction with you.
7. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. The notices that we provide on the App and Site in circumstances where we collect Personal Information should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still use the App and Site, but you may be unable to access certain programs and services that involve our interaction with you.
8. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any other of your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
10. Links to Other Sites. The App and Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other third party websites, and you visit them at your own risk.
11. Children’s Privacy. The Service is not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Please be aware that while using the App you may store certain Personal Information on your device (even if we do not collect that information). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
13. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. If we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or if we are subject to a bankruptcy or any comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection therewith.
14. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Last updated: 4 April 2012